How Do I Add My Baby to My Delta Flight?
Traveling with a baby can be a daunting task, especially if you are flying. As a parent, you want to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience for both you and your little one. If you are wondering how to add your baby to your Delta flight, here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate through the process.
1. Book your flight: Start by booking your Delta flight through their website, mobile app, or by contacting their customer service. Make sure to select the appropriate number of passengers, including your baby.
2. Choose a suitable seat: Delta allows you to select seats during the booking process. Opt for a seat that is more convenient for traveling with a baby, such as a bulkhead seat with extra legroom or a seat near the aisle for easy access.
3. Inform Delta about your baby: Once you have booked your flight, contact Delta’s customer service to inform them about traveling with your baby. Provide them with your baby’s name, age, and any special requirements or requests you may have.
4. Pack essentials for your baby: Before your flight, make sure to pack all the necessary items for your baby, such as diapers, wipes, formula or baby food, extra clothing, toys, and any medication your baby may need.
5. Check-in online: Take advantage of Delta’s online check-in facility to save time at the airport. Ensure you have all the required travel documents for your baby, including identification if necessary.
6. Arrive early at the airport: Plan to arrive at the airport well in advance to avoid any last-minute stress. This will give you ample time to go through security checks and make any necessary arrangements for your baby.
7. Check-in at the counter: When you reach the airport, head to the Delta check-in counter and inform the staff that you have a baby traveling with you. They will guide you through the process and provide you with any additional assistance you may require.
8. Gate check stroller and car seat: Delta allows you to check-in your stroller and car seat at the gate, free of charge. This allows you to use them until you reach the aircraft, making it more convenient for you and your baby.
9. Board early: Delta offers early boarding for passengers with small children, giving you extra time to settle in and prepare your baby for the flight.
10. Use onboard amenities: Delta provides various amenities for passengers traveling with babies, such as changing tables in lavatories, infant seat belts, and assistance with warming bottles. Don’t hesitate to ask the flight attendants for any help you may need.
11. Relax and enjoy the flight: Once onboard, try to relax and make your baby as comfortable as possible. Bring along their favorite toys or books to keep them entertained during the flight.
12. Deboarding: After the flight, wait for the aircraft to empty before deboarding with your baby. Take your time and gather all your belongings before exiting the aircraft.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Does my baby need a ticket to fly on Delta?
Yes, all passengers, regardless of age, require a ticket to fly on Delta.
2. Can I bring a car seat or stroller for my baby?
Yes, Delta allows you to bring a car seat and stroller for your baby free of charge. You can check them in at the gate.
3. Can I bring baby food and formula on the flight?
Yes, you can bring baby food and formula on the flight. However, they may be subject to additional security screening.
4. Does Delta provide diapers and baby supplies?
Delta does not provide diapers and baby supplies. Make sure to pack all the necessary items for your baby.
5. Can I request a bassinet on Delta flights?
Delta does not provide bassinets on their aircraft. However, they offer a limited number of infant seat belts for use during the flight.
6. Do I need to bring identification for my baby?
You may need to bring identification for your baby, especially if they are over the age of two. Check Delta’s policy or contact customer service for specific requirements.
7. Can I breastfeed or bottle-feed my baby during the flight?
Yes, you can breastfeed or bottle-feed your baby during the flight. Delta fully supports breastfeeding mothers and provides assistance if needed.
8. Can I bring a baby carrier or sling onboard?
Yes, you can bring a baby carrier or sling onboard the flight. However, it is recommended to check with Delta regarding their specific policies.
9. Can I request a seat with a bassinet attachment?
Delta does not offer seats with bassinet attachments. It is advisable to choose a seat near the aisle for easier access during the flight.
10. Can I bring a diaper bag in addition to my carry-on luggage?
Yes, you can bring a diaper bag in addition to your carry-on luggage. It is not counted as a separate item.
11. Can I bring my breast pump on the flight?
Yes, you can bring your breast pump on the flight. It is considered a medical device and does not count towards your carry-on limitations.
12. Can I use my frequent flyer miles to book a ticket for my baby?
Yes, you can use your frequent flyer miles to book a ticket for your baby. However, additional charges and taxes may apply.
Traveling with a baby can be challenging, but with Delta’s assistance and proper planning, you can make your journey smoother and more enjoyable. Follow the steps mentioned above to add your baby to your Delta flight and have a stress-free experience.