How to Book an Infant on Delta: A Comprehensive Guide
Traveling with an infant can be both exciting and challenging. As a parent, you want to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey for your little one. If you are planning to book a flight with Delta Air Lines and are unsure about the process of reserving a seat for your infant, worry no more. This article will guide you step-by-step on how to book an infant on Delta.
1. Visit the Delta Air Lines website: Start by visiting the official website of Delta Air Lines. This is where you can find all the necessary information and make your booking.
2. Choose your trip details: Enter your departure city, destination, and travel dates. Make sure to select the number of passengers accurately, including adults, children, and infants.
3. Indicate that you are traveling with an infant: On the passenger selection page, you will find an option to specify the age of the passengers. Select the appropriate age range for your infant (typically under two years old) to ensure they receive the necessary accommodations.
4. Select your flights: Choose your desired flights from the available options. Delta offers a range of flights to various destinations worldwide.
5. Select a seat for your infant: During the seat selection process, you will have the option to reserve a seat for your infant. Delta offers various seating options, including bassinets and infant seats, depending on the aircraft type.
6. Provide necessary information: Fill in the required information for your infant, such as their full name and date of birth. Ensure that the details are accurate to avoid any issues during check-in.
7. Complete your booking: Proceed to complete your booking by providing your personal details, contact information, and payment details. Review the booking details carefully before finalizing the transaction.
8. Confirm your reservation: After completing the booking process, you will receive a confirmation email with your reservation details. Keep this email handy for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Do infants fly for free on Delta?
– Infants under the age of two can fly for free on domestic flights within the United States. However, taxes and fees may still apply.
2. Can I bring a stroller for my infant?
– Yes, Delta allows you to bring a stroller for your infant, either as a carry-on or checked baggage.
3. Are there any age restrictions for infants to travel?
– Infants can travel on Delta as early as a few days old, as long as they are healthy and meet the airline’s requirements.
4. Can I request a bassinet for my infant?
– Delta provides bassinets on select international flights. You can request a bassinet during the booking process, but availability is limited.
5. What documents are required for my infant?
– Infants traveling within the United States generally do not require a passport. However, it is recommended to carry a birth certificate or other proof of age.
6. Can I bring baby food and formula on board?
– Yes, you are allowed to bring baby food, formula, and breast milk in reasonable quantities. These items are exempt from the liquid restrictions.
7. Can I bring a car seat for my infant?
– Yes, Delta allows you to bring a car seat for your infant on board. It can be used if you have purchased a seat for your child.
8. Can I change or cancel my infant’s ticket?
– Delta’s ticket change and cancellation policies apply to infants as well. However, fees may vary depending on the fare type and ticket conditions.
9. Can I earn frequent flyer miles for my infant’s ticket?
– Infants traveling on a paid ticket are not eligible to earn frequent flyer miles. However, they can still accumulate miles if they have their own SkyMiles account.
10. Can I pre-order a special meal for my infant?
– Delta does not offer pre-order options for infant meals. However, you can bring your own food or request assistance from the cabin crew during the flight.
11. Is there a limit to the number of infants allowed on a flight?
– Delta has specific restrictions on the number of infants allowed on each flight for safety reasons. It is recommended to contact Delta directly for more information.
12. Are there any specific regulations for traveling with an infant during the COVID-19 pandemic?
– Delta has implemented various health and safety measures in response to the pandemic. It is advised to check Delta’s website for the latest travel requirements and guidelines for traveling with infants.
In conclusion, booking an infant on Delta is a straightforward process. By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure a comfortable and hassle-free journey for you and your little one. Remember to review Delta’s policies and guidelines regarding infant travel to make the best arrangements for your trip.